ONLINE CONFERENCE - Nutrition, Diet and Mental Health - Evidence-Based Approaches for the 21st Century
Chy Sawel ONLINE CONFERENCE
Nutrition, Diet and Mental Health - Evidence-Based Approaches for the 21st Century
This conference, held in October 2021, included keynote presentations from two leading experts in the field of nutrition and mental health:
- Dr Alex Richardson, Founder Director of Food and Behaviour (FAB) Research, and Visiting Senior Research Scientist at the University of Oxford
- Dr Kevin Williamson RNutr, Head of Research and Senior Nutritionist, Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
Hear the latest research evidence on how nutrition and diet affect brain development and function, and therefore mental health and wellbeing, with a focus on:
– Psychotic Disorders such as Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia and other forms of serious mental illness
– ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders and related neurodevelopmental conditions
– Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia and related conditions including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Learn how the findings from research can be applied in practice, and what dietary changes can help people with these kinds of difficulties, and those who care for them.
Ask questions, join the discussion – and learn about some simple and effective ways to assess diet and nutrition, and to find strategies that best suit the individuals involved.